.:THE LDS GOSPEL IS SO SIMPLE! WHY DO YOU DETER OTHERS FROM IT?
A MORMON WRITES:
“I have many issues with the statements you pose on your site. …The gospel of Jesus Christ is very, very simple. The Lord is not the author of confusion. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the Lord’s Church. I know this because I know without a doubt that the Book of Mormon is truly the word of the Lord to the ancient inhabitants of the American Continent brought to light in our days as an additional witness to the divinity and reality of the Son of God as the Savior of the world. …After reading what Chuck had to say, I felt sad. Come back to the Church, Chuck! If you don’t want a calling that’s fine. You don’t have to do anything, but come and develop your relationship with the Savior and your family’s relationship as well. There is a great difference between those who believe in Christ and those who try to deter others from the light of the Gospel. I urge you not to continue to be the latter.”
Dear Mormon friend,
We understand how you feel. We felt the same way before our eyes were opened to the lies of Mormonism. We are praying that the true Lord of the simple Gospel of the Bible will open your eyes. What is so “simple” about the LDS gospel? It requires you to:
- Do all you can do (2 Nephi 25:23).
- “Deny yourself of all ungodliness” before you can receive the grace of Christ (Moroni 10:32).
- Be sufficiently humble, stripped of pride and envy before you are ready to meet God (Alma 5:27-31).
- Keep ALL the commandments ALL the time (1 Nephi 3:7 and D&C 25:15).
- Because God cannot look upon sin with any degree of allowance (Alma 45:16; D&C 1:31-32).
- He cannot forgive you “in your sins” (Alma 11:37).
- He will remove forgiveness if you repeat a sin (D&C 58:43; 82:7).
Remember Joseph Smith said: “Repentance is a thing that cannot be trifled with every day. Daily transgression and daily repentance is not that which is pleasing in the sight of God.” —Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, p. 148
You call this a “simple” gospel?
By the way, Chuck wrote a response to those who wish he would return to the LDS fold. You may read it here on our website if you are interested:
FOR MORE INFORMATION SEE:
This post is also available in: Spanish